Powerful Upfront DFM Tool to Support Product and Manufacturing Design
What is Geo-Designer
Geo-Designer, is a powerful upfront Design for Manufacturing (DFM) tools for designers and manufacturing engineers with innovative technology. It accelerates the design process for functions, manufacturability, enabling designs to move to production better and faster. Compared with other traditional tools, Geo-Designer is powerful, flexible, fast and easy to use and provides savings in downstream costs by quality improvement at the design stage. Geo-Designer offer a new method to study the part geometry in 3D Iso-surface with flexible transparently, it is similar the x-ray and CT method in industrial. Geo-Designer can analyze the product thickness in ray method and the thickness level method. Users can select the analysis method flexibility based on the geometry of the part for improved results. Benefits
- Quick, easy, flexible and powerful way of checking design for manufacturing process.
- To save downstream lead time and cost by improving quality at the early design stage.
- To Locate critical regions in 3D CAD models to help manufacture process design.
- To improve design productivity.
- Very easy to use, takes less than 30 minutes to learn.
- Standalone software, also possible to integrate into 3D existed CAD systems
- Build in last CAE technology for upfront analysis
- Checks mass distribution, wall thickness, Mass Distribution Index(MDI), cooling rate prediction on complete model
- Build in design capability
- Support 3D ISO-surface and multi-sections mode
- Ease in locating critical thickness areas
- Advanced visualization for easy interpretation of results
- Ability to clip model at any section
- Dynamic information display at point click
- Powerful filter mechanism to concentrate on region of interest. Detail information of analysis model: mass, volume, surface area, project area, heat modulus etc.
- Support contour, section, Iso-surface and curve
- Import STL, IGES, STEP file directly
- Design result could be exported to 3D CAD system directly
- Flexible report generation, VRML output
- Support language: English, Japanese, Chinese (T/S)
Draft angle and fillet radius checking
Checking geometry MDI to predict the porosity location of die casting part
Checking draft angle and thickness distribution of plastic ejection part
Geo-Designer, provides a simple but very effective tool to support casting process product and manufacturing design, it cuts at least 60% of design lead time, thanks the state-of-art technologies.
Prof. Z. Zhang,MSE, Tsinghua University, China
- Build in design capability for riser & runner, rib and chill design
- Support mesh level geometry Boolean operation, very powerful and flexible operation
- Import STL/IGES/STEP file and export the design result in STEP file directly
Geo-Design helps the designer to understand the thickness/mass distribution of the gravity casting parts.
(upper left: thickness analysis upper right: Mass Distribution Index (MDI) of the thicker region)
Based on the MDI results, the riser and feeder for the thicker zone can be designed to compensate the metal shrinkage, both the location and size could be designed as the guide of Geo-Designer. The lower pictures show the designed CAD model and the new MDI value after considering the riser and feeder.