Mould Cycling and Automatic Thermal Balance
The exact industrial conditions in die casting can be simulated in Cast-Designer with cycle time, die cooling, die heating etc.
Cast-Designer Production Optimizer automatically adjusts the die opening, die spray, cooling or heating channels and individual production cycle timings for a reasonable thermal balance of the mould and optimizes production cycle time for best productivity.
CYCLE TIME DEFINITION
Definition of all important parameters influencing flow temperature and the thermal balance of mould.
- Complete consideration of die cooling and heating system.
- Individual control of each cooling or heating channel.
- Different die-spray and die-coatings can be considered.
- Cast-Designer Production Optimizer automatically adjusts the cooling/heating channels and individual production cycle timings, to maintain a reasonable mould temperature to avoid cold-shut or die soldering conditions.
- Achieve best productivity and cost rate, as well as the product quality.
- Achieve better die-life, and reduced die maintenance cost.
- Casting Production can make a quick calculation of the production cost based on the optimized cycling. It could be used for the quotation purpose, price estimation or for the production phase cost control.
- Use Sensor(s) on the casting part or on the mould to check the conditions to optimize.
- Sensor can be attached to the cooling channel or heater to optimize it.
- User defined weight factor to different sensors.
- In 3 iterations, cycling time is optimized from 86 sec to 66 sec.
Before: Casting Temperature with Hot Spots with 480 ºC can cause Mould Stick.
After: Casting Temperature is now more balanced around 400 ºC can avoid Mould Stick.
Before: Mould Temperature is below 120 ºC and can cause Cold shut.
After: Mould Temperature is now 260 ºC and more balanced and can avoid Cold shut.
Original Cooling Channel Design
Modified Cooling Channel Design